Siamo sicuri di sapere cosa mangiamo? Perché leggere le etichette è importante - Pure Stagioni

Are we sure we know what we eat? Why reading labels is important

We too often trust the "claims" used by the industry to present a product. We believe that compliance with the regulations is enough for ensure transparency and adequate knowledge of what we buy and eat.

Unfortunately, however, this is not always the case. Getting to know the products we usually buy, reading labels and ingredients are now fundamental steps for a conscious and quality shopping.

Speaking of jams, one could say that all jams are the same , or that in any case the only variable is the quality and quantity of the fruit.

True, but only partially. The quantity of fruit is an important value but it is not the only one , nor is it the easiest to identify.

Just think that to be one Extra jam must have at least 45% fruit …e the remaining 55% what is it composed of?

Usually lots of pectins, lots of water and lots of sugar . Basically over half of what they are made of is water in a gelatinous state.

For us at Pure Stagioni, creating products that contain only the necessary raw materials is a real mission .

That's why our jams contain only two ingredients: fruit and sugar. With fruit percentages from 90% to 130%

That's always why we do not add pectins, dyes and preservatives .

And it is again for this reason that we have developed a state-of-the-art production process , which allows for keep the characteristics of the fruit as unaltered as possible , so as to bring to the table a scent, a fragrance and a color that satisfy all the senses.

Seeing is believing!

Back to blog